June 2017 Board of Directors Meeting

Lion Line

Windsor Manor, Wednesday Evening, June 14 -- Loren Heckathorne

During the regular meeting, Bob reported that the 38th load of recycled material was shipped out this last week which brings the total to 1,341,000 pounds we have kept out of the landfill & made into cellulose insulation.

A get-well card was circulated for all to sign for Willy who had surgery 6/12.

New officers were installed by District Governor Elect Judy Stone -- they will assume their new duties starting in July.

The Nevada Lions Club held its regular Board of Directors meeting, June 14, 2017, in the Windsor Manor dining room. President Jim Fenn called the meeting to order at 7:55 pm and acted as Chairperson, with the following members present:

John Beals Jim Fenn Loren Heckathorne
Carlene Hunter Paul Malsom Jerry Radke
Sandy Richardson Mike Seaboch Bob Hunter

Secretary Heckathorne read the minutes from the Apr 12 Board meeting. John Beals made a motion to approve the Minutes as read, Second by Jerry Radke. Motion passed.

Treasurer John Beals presented the financial report for May and June. Jerry Radke made a motion to accept the financial reports, Second by Mike Seaboch. Motion passed.

Treasurer Beals also presented a Pancake report. The $59 from the 50/50 was given back by the winner. Some members purchased leftovers from the Pancake Day -- John will add that to their next quarterly billing.

There were no Bills of Account this month.

For old business, there was nothing new for the proposal to sell popcorn. We spent some time discussing the idea of doing peach sales. We need to start selling in May and we need a delivery date. Therefore, there is no time to do it this year. So, do it next year. Other things mentioned were that customers need to pay ahead of time -- when they order. The 1st year is tough, since the potential customers don't know what they are getting. Perhaps we should buy a half lug from Marshalltown, this year, so that we can see what we are getting? Are there people who can these peaches? If not canned, then some Lions were surprised that a customer could eat a whole lug in a few days.

Other fundraising ideas: Walking tacos at LHD, with drink. Do this across from Gates Hall. Hot air tethered Remax balloon. I didn't really get this proposal, but I think it was to sell something to the people gathered to ride the balloon. Turn this over to Elijah and Terence to get a proposal.

The Geocaching Club want to use our grills. We discussed this, but declined due to concern about possible damage and maintenance issues.

For new business, we discussed the upcoming 4th of July Parade. Motion by Bob Hunter that Charlene should pick up candy -- up to $60, Second by Paul Malsom. Motion passed.

Next we discussed the picnic. This was set for Aug 9. The Secretary is to invite the scholarship winners and their families. It's a potluck, where the club provides the main dish and drink. Each member brings a salad and dessert.

Jerry reminded us of the Aug 4 deadline for Thrivent Grant applications.

Charlene will head up the Youth Exchange Feed on July 17. Willie and Jim will help out. It's being held at the 4-H camp near Luther/Madrid.

John Beals made a motion to adjourn, Seconded by Bob Hunter. The meeting was adjourned at 9:00.

Loren Heckathorne, Secretary

www.000webhost.com


Return to Nevada Lions History Page

Return to Nevada Lions Club Homepage