November 2017 Board of Directors Meeting

Lion Line

Windsor Manor, Wednesday Evening, November 8, 2017 -- Loren Heckathorne

At our regular meeting, we discussed our upcoming Christmas party; the tail twisters are in charge. We made no final decision, but it seems we will have our party at Indian Creek Country Club again this year.

Next, John Beals reported on Kidsight. There were 18 at Lil' Cubs. 14 passed, 2 referred and 2 retakes, 13 at Head Start, 10 passed, 1 referred and 2 retakes plus 3 were absent, 55 at Elementary, 53 passed and 2 referred.

Jim Fenn had sample Lions shirts on the table.

The program was Mike Cox from Story County Conservation Board.

The Nevada Lions Club held its regular Board of Directors meeting, November 8, 2017, in the Windsor Manor dining room. President Jerry Radke called the meeting to order at 8:15 pm and acted as Chairperson, with the following members present:

John Beals Jim Fenn Loren Heckathorne
Bob Hunter Carlene Hunter Charlene Jarboe
Charlie Lloyd Willy Morfitt Jerry Radke
Susan Radke Mike Seaboch

Secretary Heckathorne read the minutes from the October 11 Board meeting. John Beals made a motion to approve the Minutes as read, Second by Charlene Jarboe. Motion passed.

Treasurer John Beals presented the financial report. Bob Hunter made a motion to accept the financial report, Second by Carlene Hunter. Motion passed.

Bills of account: There were 3 bills: Candy for Halloween $74.88, Windsor $165 and paper sacks $30.90. No motion is needed on these.

For old business, Charlene gave a Downtown Trick or Treat Report. It was a cold night with fewer than expected children, so there is lots of candy leftover. It was noted that John and Paul helped with this event.

The next topic was New Lions shirts. Siggler in Ames is the choice and Jerszees is the shirt brand. Purple was chosen as the color. The shirts are a 50/50 blend of cotton and polyester. There will be ladies shirts having 3/4 length sleeves. We have 19 members, but all member may not get a shirt. Jim Fenn is ordering the shirts and will distribute them to our club members.

On the topic of name badges, we are still waiting on Lions International.

Food at First is coming up Nov 20. We will serve pancakes and scrambled eggs, but will have bacon instead of sausage. The bacon is pre-cooked. We need 4 to set up, 7 to serve and a whole host to clean up. We will start at 4:00 pm, serve from 5:30 to 6:00 and clean up afterwards. We should be done by 7:00 pm.

For Paper Recycling, Bob reported that the truck should be out before the first of next year. It was noted that Jim Fenn and Jim George are helping Mike with Paper recycling. We are trying to get a recycling tote in the Post Office. If allowed, we will get lots of paper, but this may not be approved because of identity thief concerns.

Breakfast with Santa was new business. Charlene will do food; Jim will do grills and signs. They met with Rhonda Maier from Parks and Rec. Parks and Rec will create about 50 flyers, but Lions will put them up. There will be no charge for Gates Hall. Set up should be before 6:00 pm on Friday because there is some event starting at 6:00 and we can't be in there. The tank is full and we will use both grills.

Our Christmas party is Dec 13 and will probably be at the Country Club again. Charlene will do the center pieces this year. Jim and Bob are Country Club members and they will help Charlie get a discount. Bob Hunter made a motion to proceed with the Christmas party, Second by Charlie. Motion passed.

Susan Radke and Bob Hunter made a motion to adjourn at 9:07 pm.


Loren Heckathorne, Secretary

www.000webhost.com


Return to Nevada Lions History Page

Return to Nevada Lions Club Homepage