The Nevada Lions Club held its regular Board Meeting at the Bob Hobson home on April 5, 1999. The meeting was called to order at 7:33 p.m. by President Susan Radke who acted as chairman, with the following board members in attendance:
Everett Carman Odin Christian James Fenn Loren Heckathorne Bob Hobson Dean Howell Jerry Radke Duane Stansbury
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved. The treasurer's balance of $5,238.29 was read and approved.
The secretary presented the following bills:
Nevada Park and Recreation - Youth Summer Program $ 170.00 Jim Fenn - Material for Lions Sign 113.68 Steve Halverson - Pancake Day Orange Drink 15.22 City of Nevada - Gates Rent Pancake Day 284.00 Smittys Super Valu - Pancake Day Groceries 328.20 Pat Milder - Pancake Day Sausage Process 220.00
Lion Carman moved to pay the bills as presented, seconded by Christian, motion carried.
Secretary reported on the Pancake Day. We served 452: 396 adults and 56 children plus 100 long-term care patients. Grossed $2,057, bills of $847.42, netting $1,209.58. We could present check to Firemen on May 12th.
President Susan Radke reported on the following:
- Read a thank you from the James Johnson Family and a Memorium from Lions Club International.
- Read a letter from McFarland Eye Clinic about Sandy Lancaster who is legally blink needing two sets of glasses: one costing $165.00 and the other $95.00. She has paid all but $62.00 Lion Fenn moved to pay $62.00 for McFarland Eye Clinic in Nevada, seconded by Heckathorne, motion carried.
- Read an application for membership from Larry Myers. Lion Jerry Radke moved to accept Larry Myers, seconded by Stansbury, motion carried.
- Reported Lions International Youth Exchange Camp needs $50.00 or a club to feed 40 students one meal. Nevada Lions voted to give cookies as last year. More next meeting when Jan Whaley is present to give details.
- Read a letter from LCIF. A new process to make memorials to LCIF. No action taken.
- Reported on correspondence with Robert Cheong from Malaysia. He sent a club flag for our banner and he wants one of ours.
The May 3 Board Meeting will be in the Radke's home.
Meeting adjourned at 9:05 P.M.
May 21, 22, 23, - Iowa Lions State Convention in Davenport, Iowa.
June 28 to July 2, 1999 - Lions International Convention in San Diego, Calif.
Secretary Bob Hobson
Return to Nevada Lions History Page
Return to Nevada Lions Club Homepage