The Nevada Lions Club held its regular Board Meeting at the Lynn Harris home on December 7, 1998. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by President Susan Radke who acted as chairman, with the following board members in attendance:
Everett Carman Odin Christian James Fenn Joel Halverson Lynn Harris Loren Heckathorne Bob Hobson Bill Horine Dean Howell Steven Jordening Robert Klopping Jerry Radke Eugene Spencer Duane Stansbury Donald Williams
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved. The treasurer's balance of $3,999.48 was read and approved.
The secretary presented the following bills:
Nevada Post Master (100 stamps - membership) $ 32.00 Story County Treasurer (Trailer Plates) 15.00 Central Iowa Printing (Paper & Envelopes - membership) 109.43 Lions Clubs Internaitonal (New Member & Supplies) 146.48
Lion Fenn moved to pay the bills as presented, seconded by Jerry Radke, motion carried. Aye votes were HO HO HO tonight. Lion Carman moved to pay Lions Clubs Int'l Foundation $50.00, Iowa Lions Foundation $200.00, Smitty's Super Value $200 for four $50.00 grocery gifts for needy families selected by school nurses, Marilyn Argotsinger $25.00, and Deb Roberson $25.00 for Christmas gifts, seconded by Howell, motion carried.
Lions Peace Poster Contest Nevada Chair reported on its progress. President Susan Radke reported on the following:
- Audit comittee to audit last year's books.
- Presented a check of $174.00 for working I.S.U. football 11-7-98. Lion Heckathorne moved to check if we can work next year, seconded by Jordening, motion carried.
- Read an application for membership from James Perkins. Lion Williams moved to accept, seconded by Jordening, motion carried.
- Discussed Tom Rittgers letter on meeting night change. More time and study needed on this matter.
- Reported Janice Whaley needs a nomination letter from her home club for District 9x7 Vice District Governor for 1999-2000. Lion Howell moved to have President send a letter, seconded by Jerry Radke, motion carried.
- Discussed 1999 Fish Sale, no decision.
- Lion Mid-Winter Conference in Des Moines Jan. 8, 9, and 10. Lion Jordening moved to pay for two who will attend, seconded by Horine, motion carried.
January 4 Board Meeting place to be announced.
May 21 to 23 1999 Iowa Lions State Convention in Davenport, Iowa.
June 28 to July 2, 1999 Lions International Convention in San Diego, Cal.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:50 P.M.
Secretary Bob Hobson
Return to Nevada Lions History Page
Return to Nevada Lions Club Homepage