The Nevada Lions Club held its regular Board Meeting at the Dean Howell home on November 2, 1998. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by President Susan Radke who acted as chairman, with the following board members in attendance:
Everett Carman Odin Christian James Fenn Lynn Harris Loren Heckathorne Bob Hobson Bill Horine Dean Howell Steve Jordening Jerry Radke Eugene Spencer Duane Stansbury Jan Whaley Donald Williams
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved. The treasurer's balance of $4,074.52 was read and approved.
The secretary presented the following bills:
Susan Radke (Membership Drive) $ 6.50 Nevada Chamber of Commerce (Membership Labels) 10.00 Millers Flowers (Spouse Night Table Decorations) 41.34
Lion Jerry Radke moved to pay the bills as presented, seconded by Fenn, motion carried. District 9x7 Youth Outreach Chair Carman reported on the meeting in Cedar Rapids on Lions Quest Drug Program to put into schools. Lions Peace Poster Contest Nevada chair Carman reported on its progress. District Governor needs it by December 1, 1998.
Lion Fenn reported on membership drive. Fenn moved to have new membership meals and expenses to come from Project fund, seconded by Williams, motion carried.
PRESIDENT SUSAN RADKE reported on the following:
- Selected a calling committee for Nevada Lions.
- Presented a check of $156.00 for I.S.U. football working 10-10-98. Passed a sign up sheet for Nov. 7 and 21 games.
- Read a letter for Lions Magazine subscriptions for Jr. and Sr. High school and Nevada Library. Lion Jerry Radke moved to renew these three subscriptions , seconded by Horine. Motion carried.
- Read a letter from Story County Justice Center wanting support and $100.00 donation. President to send a letter of support with no donation.
- Read a letter from Lion Tom Rittgers wanting Nevada Lions to change meeting night. President going to check on school nights and Lions board to study different nights.
District 9x7 Zone 1 Chair Jan Whaley reported Tuesday November 17th 7:00 P.M. meeting will be in McCallsburg with Nevada and Colo helping.
Lion Stansbury moved to call Ladies night Special Guest Night, seconded by Williams. motion carried.
December 7 Board meeting will be in the Lynn Harris Home.
January 8 to 10 1999 Lions Mid Winter Conference.
May 21 to 23 1999 Iowa Lions State Convention in Davenport Iowa.
June 28 to July 2 1999 Lions International Convention in San Diego Cal.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:10 P.M.
Secretary Bob Hobson
Return to Nevada Lions History Page
Return to Nevada Lions Club Homepage