The Nevada Lions Club held its regular Board Meeting at the Bob Klopping home on October 5, 1998. The meeting was called to order at 7:33 p.m. by President Susan Radke who acted as chairman, with the following board members in attendance:
Everett Carman James Fenn Lynn Harris Loren Heckathorne Bob Hobson Bill Horine Dean Howell Steve Jordening Robert Klopping Jerry Radke Eugene Spencer Duane Stansbury Donald Williams
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved. The treasurer's balance of $4,478.64 was read and approved.
The secretary presented the following bills:
Fareway Stores Inc. (Chicken Bar B Q Groc.) $ 50.09 Smitty Super Value (Chicken Bar B Q Groc.) 502.72 Nevada Post Master (100 stamps) 32.00 City of Nevada (Gates Rent: $144 for 6 hrs. + $44 for kitchen) 188.00 Jerry Radke (Paper for Brochures) 6.35
Lion Carman moved to pay the bills as presented, seconded by Spencer, motion carried. Chicken Bar B Q chair Heckathorne reported net $1,339.10. Lion Klopping moved to have 1999 Bar B Q serving time from 11AM to 3 PM. Seconded by Harris. Motion carried. Lion Howell moved to cut number of chickens purchased by 50, seconded by Jerry Radke, motion carried.
President Susan Radke reported on the following:
- Appointed Everett Carman as chair of the Lions Peace Poster contest.
- Reported on Nevada Lions Membership drive Nov. 11.
- Reported on Zone Meeting Sept. 30 in Maxwell. District 9x7 Youth Outreach chair Everett Carman was the Speaker
- Read an Application for membership from Angelo Stefani. Lion Jerry Radke moved to accept Angelo, seconded by Williams, motion carried.
- I.S.U. has a fund raiser for ticket takers and ushers. Five members at $6.00 an hour for a minimun of three hours each. Nevada Lions to give it a try. Lion Jordening to be chairman.
District 9x7 Youth Outreach chair Carman reported on its progress. There will be a meeting in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for two days. Lion Howell moved to pay Carman expenses, seconded by Jordening, carried.
The November 2 board meeting will be in the Dean Howell home and the December 7 Board meeting in the Lynn Harris home.
January 8 to 10, 1999 will be Lions Mid Winter Conference.
June 28 to July 2, l999 Lions International Convention in San Diego Cal.
May 21 to 23 Iowa Lions State Convention in Davenport Iowa.
MEETING ADJOURNED AT 8:53 PM.
Secretary Bob L. Hobson
Return to Nevada Lions History Page
Return to Nevada Lions Club Homepage